9 Android Apps to Plan Your Workday
One of the top issues U.S. businesses face is poor time management. In an eight-hour workday, surprisingly little time is directed toward tasks that boost profitability and business growth. In fact, according to an Anatomy of Work Index whitepaper from Asana, employees spend just over a quarter of their day on high-priority, skilled tasks; and, according to The Alternative Board’s December 2015 Small Business Pulse Survey, business owners spend only about a third of their day on urgent and essential activities.
Fortunately, straightforward and easy-to-use time-management tools can help get your business back on track. If you and your employees use Android smartphones, an array of excellent workday-planning apps can keep you organized, on track and able to focus on the most crucial aspects of running a business.
Did you know?: Along with poor time management, issues facing U.S. businesses include poor communication between management and staff and not setting and measuring clear key performance indicators.
We’ve gathered nine top apps to help managers and teams organize their time and workflow to boost productivity and efficiency. While we’re focusing on Android apps, many of these tools are available for other platforms, including iOS, Windows and Mac.
Factors to Consider When Skimming Through Daily Planner Apps
- Productivity Features –A daily schedule app or a daily schedule planner should be able to help you gain focus, reduce distractions, manage your time in a better way, develop new, positive habits, which will, ultimately, make you more productive. Some of these features include focus session timer, voice capture, phone silencer, reminders, progress reports. etc.
- Integrations –You should be able to integrate the daily planning app with your favorite app and other apps that you are using on a daily basis (Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and more).
- Compatibility –Most daily planner apps are compatible with multiple devices–desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. Make sure the daily planner app you plan on purchasing can be used on the devices you use frequently. Using a daily schedule planner on your mobile phone can make planning tasks on the go a breeze!
- Budget –You can use a free daily planner, although some of these tools come with limited capabilities, or a paid one. If the daily planner software you intend on using dips into project, time, or team management, then investing in such a tool would be a smart move!
1. Infinity — One of the Best Daily Planner Apps for Individuals and Teams
Do you ever feel like your days are running you instead of you running them? Well, that’s the case with most people whose days look something like this: do the laundry, attend a meeting, send a report, pick up kids from school, except for the ones that use Infinity.
First of all, Infinity boasts a colorful and intuitive design and a structure anyone can get a hang of. Start from a workspace, then create a board, folders, and tasks. This daily task planner features subtasks, checkboxes, and checklists which are some of the most needed attributes when planning something big.
“Been using it for a couple of weeks now and really like it. The team likes the ease of use with the flexibility for each team member to have a view customized to their preference. We were using Excel mixed with Trello for weekly priorities and this makes having one setup where we can move things fluidly.” – Mat Houchens, Product Hunt
You can see all of the tasks on a calendar to make sure you won’t miss an important deadline, while Infinity also lets you start and end dates and, more importantly, set reminders for all of the tasks or just some of them.
Since it is powered by automations, this tool can help you with being more productive. For instance, besides reminders, Infinity makes it possible to create recurring tasks and a bunch of IFTT automations once you’ve chosen your triggers, actions, and conditions.
Infinity could easily be the best daily planner for teams, no matter their size, since it offers multiple ways for teams to collaborate. You can assign tasks to others, comment under tasks, share boards, track all the changes on the board level, and more.
- Infinite Structure —Infinity’s unique structure that consists of workspaces, boards, folders, tasks, and subtasks makes planning your days and tasks as easy as ABC.
- 50+ Templates —With over 50 templates for various use cases, you’ll easily find the exact ones you need for planning your projects, meetings, trips, and everything in-between.
- 6 Views —Infinity comes with 6 views you can switch between seamlessly in seconds.
- 20+ Attributes —Labels, checklists, assignees—there are over 20 attributes you can use to give more depth to your tasks.
- Filter, Group, and Sort —Display only specific data and categorize items by different attributes such as assignee, end date, priority, etc.
- Automations —Automate parts of your workflows, reduce busy work, and focus more on planning and delivering.
- Team Collaboration —Plan projects, tasks, and meetings and make sure everyone from the team stays in the loop.
- Integrations —Infinity integrates with thousands of apps that can make planning and scheduling even easier for you. Some of these apps include Clockify, Trello, and Zapier.
- Mobile and Desktop Apps —Use Infinity to make plans and schedule things no matter wherever you are.
2. TwoBirds — A Noteworthy Free Daily Planner
Things 3 (iOS)
Things 3 is your personal organizer for business and life. It provides the highest support to boost your productivity and keep you organized. Its simple layout is easy to understand, manage. It lets you start right away as there is no need for a feature introduction.
- Easy input – getting your tasks in the app should be easy, simple, and a smooth process. Easy input means less wasted time. And this is exactly what this app provides.
- Heading – adding titles to your checklists is a great way to keep tasks separate. It allows you to focus on completing the project and not miss a thing. This means each task can be dialed down into smaller tasks with checklists supporting them. It looks exactly like you would create it on paper. The difference is the option to set a deadline, add tasks to your calendar, and organize them by your unique categories.
- Integrations – added your email to your to-do list is just one of the examples for smooth tasks management. Seeing your to-do and tasks together as you integrate your calendar is a way to never miss a thing.
- Planning – seeing all your upcoming lists neatly laid out helps you follow the plan you have set out to do. Scheduling repeated actions on automation will save a lot of time. Reminders will keep you on track.
- Search option – finding made easy. This option lets you search for any word you’ve ever typed in the app. It gives you the ability to create alarms and notifications for your various tasks.
Any.do (iOS, Android, macOS, Windows)
If you want to stay organized and get things done, Any.do promises that and more. Its time management features keep you on the tasks. They remind of scheduled activities that can’t be missed.
Amongst the usual features like due dates, prioritizing, automatic notifications, recurring tasks set up, reminders, and a drag&drop interface for easy-to-do list creation, it has other beneficial key features:
- Data Synchronization – adding a scheduled event on your calendar and synchronizing it to multiple platforms like Google Calendar and WhatsApp reminders keeps you efficient.
- Offline Access – knowing that you will be able to access your tool anywhere anytime gives a great deal of freedom, peace of mind, and the ability to always be on top of things.
- Task management – integrating your to-do list with a calendar makes planning and scheduling easy.
- Voice capture – being on a run, it’s handy to leave a voice message to yourself that turns into a note on your to-do list. You never know when the next brilliant idea will come to mind!